Saturday, October 11, 2008

Apple Cider Festival

I was on-call today but I asked one of the other guys to take it for me for a couple of hours this afternoon. That way I could go to the Apple Cider Festival at The Bramble Ridge Orchard in Mt. Sterling. It's a small orchard but they had lots of apples and apple products. There were quite a few people there and they were making fresh baked apple pies and apple cider donuts. I had an apple cider slushy.


Their barn was turned into a retail shop and tea room.

It's a family business, we got some apple butter and blackjack jelly. The blackjack is blackberry and apple.

Apple cider donuts. They were hot out of the oven so we ate a couple. They were quite good.

4 comments:

Cathryn said...

I'm so glad you got to go with Lisa. I'll be happy to help you eat some of that apple butter! That lady looks pretty excited about having her picture taken. I wonder if she realizes she is famous now?!

Marianne said...

I have had an apple cider slushy before, and they are very good!!! Mom and I went to the Fall For Greenville Festival today. Mom should be putting stuff about that on her blog "soon". Please save me some apple butter!!! We can't get any good apple butter around here. It is just the cheap fakey kind the store sells. I LOVE apple butter, but never buy the junk the store sells because it is nowhere near as good as the fresh home made stuff.

P.S. i don't like the forums very much (Or maybe I am just stupid and can't get the hang of it... Either way it is to complicated for me)

sheltiemom said...

You are NOT stupid and I will get you some apple butter. I just tasted it, it's yummy. I told Jim he was lucky I didn't get out a spoon!

Anonymous said...

Jessica isn't here to make any applebutter for us. Bummer! Maybe there will still be some left when we come.(yeah, right. Good luck with that!) Are the apples reasonably priced there? ours went up to over $9 a bag, the bag being a half bushel